Sunday, September 30, 2007

ON TOP OF THE WORLD A LOOKIN' . . .

We spent part of our morning at the Hancock Observatory. What a view! The Hancock Building is the second tallest building in North America; Chicago's Sears Tower is the tallest.


The Hancock (Big John to the locals) at ground level. Taken by McKenna.



Water Tower Place, the Chicago home of Oprah. When pointed out to McKenna, she said, "Now I know where President Hinckley and Oprah live. My life is complete!" What more does this poor eleven-year-old have to live for?

I accidentally took a wrong turn while at the observatory. One wrong step and I was in more trouble than I knew. Fortunately, I was able to gain my footing and enjoy lunch before I went back in the observatory.

A beautiful view looking southwest from the Hancock. The Sears Tower is the tallest building of the bunch.

P.S. We also killed some burgers and fries at Ed Debevec's, shopped at the American Girl store (Collin and Dad excluded), walked untold miles and rode virtually every train and bus operated in the City. We are tired, but happy.

The girls are just getting out of the pool, and we are heading for bed. Good night.

No comments: